As organizations expand in their business size, traditional data centers may come with huge costs. As a result, virtualization technology has emerged.
VMware is the industry-leading virtualization products vendor. Its star product, VMware ESXi in the vSphere suite, is one of the most popular type-1 hypervisors. Every day, tens of business data are generated or migrated to this platform. They need to be well protected from loss.
Virtual machine backup is currently considered the most basic, easiest, and least expensive way to protect VM data. However, as the official VMware backup software, VMware Data Protection (VDP) has announced the End of Availability, making third-party software the most commonly accepted way to protect VM data.
If you haven’t chosen the right backup tool yet, you can try AOMEI Cyber Backup, a professional agentless VMware backup software that allows large-scale virtual machine backups.
AOMEI Cyber Backup – an effective agentless VMware backup software
AOMEI Cyber Backup is an agentless VMware backup software that offers centralized data protection for large amounts of VMs on ESXi hosts, without the need to install an agent on each VM.
Its vendor company, AOMEI Tech is a data insurance leader in the backup industry, focused on providing user-friendly and affordable backup software for data protection on different platforms, including PC, smartphones, servers, etc.
AOMEI Cyber Backup supports both paid and free versions of VMware ESXi 6.0 – 8.0. You can choose to install this VM backup software on either Windows or Linux system.
10 benefits of AOMEI Cyber Backup
With AOMEI Cyber Backup, you can enjoy the following benefits:
- Agentless VM Backup: create a complete and independent image-level backup for VMware ESXi or Hyper-V VMs.
- Support Free ESXi: AOMEI Cyber Backup support both paid and free versions of VMware ESXi.
- Batch VM Backup: allowing you to batch backup large numbers of VMs managed by vCenter Server.
- Multiple Storage Destinations: easily backup to local or network destinations like a shared folder or NAS.
- Flexible Backup Schedule: you can specify to perform full/differential/incremental backup on a daily/weekly/monthly basis for automatic execution.
- Storage-saving Backup Cleanup: with the upgraded edition, you can configure a retention policy to auto-delete old backup files and save storage space.
- Restore Entire VM: restore immediately available VMs from any restore point.
- Restore to Another Location: with the upgraded edition, you can clone a new VM to another datastore/host directly from the backup, saving the trouble of re-configuring the new VM.
- Role Assignment: allows one administrator to create sub-accounts with limited privileges.
- Perpetual Free Version: there’s a Free Version of AOMEI Cyber Backup that you can use with no time limit.
These benefits can be presented in the steps of VMware ESXi backup.
Steps to batch backup virtual machines on VMware ESXi
To back up the VMware ESXi VMs, before you start, you will need to bind the standalone ESXi host/vCenter Server host for authorization. Once authorized, you are free to manage the protection of all VMs on the host without installing an agent on each of these VMs.
Then you can cover multiple virtual machines on a standalone VMware ESXi host or large amounts of VMs managed by vCenter covered in one backup task.
Click Schedule you can Create full/differential/incremental backups and automatically run them daily/weekly/monthly. With the upgraded edition, you can also perform Cleanup to auto-delete the outdated backups.
Created backup tasks will be listed and monitored separately, for later restoring, progress checking, and schedule changing.
A good backup schedule ensures minimal data loss and multiple restore points, and you can restore the entire VM from any point you like. In addition, you can select to Restore to a new location. In this way, you can restore the entire VM as a new cloned VM to another host.
5 Reasons why choose AOMEI Cyber Backup
- Ease of use
User-friendly UI design, intuitive guide, and simple operations make your virtual environment management more convenient, effective, and productive.
- Image-level & Agentless
Capturing the entire VM with all its configuration files from the image level, ensuring instant availability after data recovery. Eliminates the need to install agents on each VM, resulting in real agentless VM protection.
- Secure & Reliable
AOMEI Cyber Backup provides centralized data protection management of all VMs on your authorized hosts, with error logs you can easily monitor the backup status, and significantly ensure data security.
- Efficient & Flexible
AOMEI Cyber Backup simplifies the backup process and presents the steps on one intuitive page, offering different backup options such as full/differential/incremental backup and daily/weekly/monthly automation to meet different needs.
- Automation & Space-saving
You can create Backup Schedule and Cleanup tasks to perform VM backup automatically and delete outdated backup copies that exceed the retention period you specified, which renews your data backups and saves storage space.
As most enterprises have to migrate their workloads to virtualized platforms, regular virtual machine backup is one of the most basic measures of data protection.
A reliable enterprise backup software can not just significantly improve backup efficiency, but also minimize business continuity. You can try AOMEI Cyber Backup, an effective agentless centralized backup software that provides customized features at a very affordable price.